Question

elizabeth102585

I don't think my credit score is right...
I have an amount that went to collections that I think is affecting my credit score but that was paid years ago so I'm not sure why there's still an amount being shown. This is affecting me in being able to get a home loan.

Depends on how many years ago it was settled.  Anything over 7 should have disappeared from your credit report.  And some mortgage lenders are able to find out tings from 10 years ago (but don't ask me how).

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports.  Look them over very carefully and file disputes on all wrong information wi th the credit bureau reporting it.  They then have to investigate and wither verify or delete the disputed items.  Make this credit check once a year so only correct information is reported.