Question

Posted in Saving Money

Im4EverBroke

“I Don’t Blow Money But Seem To Be Forever Broke”

Most Helpful Response

One hint that I have used in the past that helped me was to keep a small notebook handy and record EVERYTHING I bought or paid for during the month.  It's amazing hoiw those "little" things can pop a hole in the budget.  Try it for 3 months.  You nmay be surprised to find there are things you are buying that you don't 'really' need but those little things do add up quickly. Once you ID where you can make some changes, you'll find things easier.

One thing that has been recommended by some others over time (and I've had a fair amount of time to gather information) is to set aside 10% of your income into a savings account every month.  If you can't swing 10%, start with 5%, but pay yourself first.  This way, you may be able to save up for a new car or a trip without it hurting, and without going into debt.

mindjazz

Another helpful tool is mint.com. You can set up budgets and see where your money is going.