Question

cnelson2021

I do not understand what went to collections
I have what I am guessing is a late bill gone to collections for over five hundred dollers and I do not understand what it is.

Get your credit reports.

Do you check all 3 credit reports annually?  If not, you should because there are errors on at least 25% of the credit reports (recent news article).  Go to freeannualreport.com and get all 3 credit reports.  Go over them carefully and file disputes on items that are not yours with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the item. 

Hope this helps.