Question

tlcarrico

I do not trust Credit Karma any longer...
they list my credit as "poor" yet when I bought my house last month, my mortgage lender called me a "strong borrower" with "good credit." Credit Karma says I have a "poor chance" of obtaining a Chase Freedom or American Express card, and I have gotten both with a $5k limit each...

Credit Karma does not do any underwriting for any creditor nor does it have access to underwriting critiera.  It can only correlate and if you recall, correlation and causation are not the same thing.  If you were relying on CK's recommendations then you should have not been doing so in the first place.

It's the individual creditors that acutally assess each consumer's credit and determine how willing they are to extend credit to that consumer.  CK can only look at your credit reports and VantageScores and make it own assessments off that data.