Question

dove1234

I do not have a credit account with jcpenney
I DO NOT HAVE ANY CREDIT ACCOUNT WITH JCPENNEY . ANY MORE. THAT ACCOUNT WAS PAID OUT ABOUT FOUR YEARS ARE MORE. AND I SEE IT IS STILL ON MY CREDIT SCORE I ALSO TALKED TO THEM AND THEY SAID I HAVE PAID THEM OUT. SO WHY IS IT STILL ON MY CREDIT SCORE ? THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW.

Credit reporting

Just because an account is paid fails to remove the item from the credit report.  The file should be updated to reflect the paid balance but the history of that payment would still report.  The only way an item is removed from your credit report is if the information is inaccurate or unverifiable or the creditor no longer wishes to report it.  Even accurate information can be removed if the creditor who reports the information wants it removed.

I'd recommend speaking with a credit expert for a complimentary evaluation.  Most reputable credit improvement experts providfe complimentary reviews (such as provided by my company).  Let me know if you have futher questions.