Question

MzMadness1

I disputed an item on my report, my score was dropped 27 points, really, why?

Most Helpful Response

I am assuming it was a negative account that has not updated in a long time, when you disputed it, it updated, making the negative account look new to the scoring systems and that is what caused a decline in your scores.

MzMadness1

Thanks, TryingToUnderstand!! I just get disappoint after disappointment. I understand what youz're saying about an old negative but the system shouldn't drop your score like that. I honestly feel the system is some type of scam!l Equifax removed a collections account a couple of days ago, it dropped my score another 13 points. I've had/still having numerous health issues and had some financial issues which hurt my credit, on top of that, an ex spouse made it worst. I'm trying and the system keeps failing me!!!! Frustrated and Exhausted!!