Question

arcticblue

I disputed an account with incorrect information it was taken off so why did my score drop 11 points
A very long time, now canceled utility showed a fictitious entry while at the same time it showed a zero balance. I disputed the amount and Transunion did determine that it was an error and deleted the amount, but left this now pristine account because it demonstrated over ten years of perfect payments and would be a positive for my account. Despite this human error that should have never been there to begin with, my credit score dropped 11 points. I am qualifying for a mortgage and was asked by the mortgage company to have this error corrected, but now my score is lower that it was before the correction. Although my credit score is high, I don't feel that this is fair or justified. Can someone please explain? Thanks.

I very seriously doubt that correcting that data caused your score to drop since your payment history and account age did not change at all.  Also, if you are talking about your credit score on this website, don't sweat it too much.  This score is not a FICO score.  Your mortgage company uses FICO scores, which could be 50 points different from the score you get here.  You did what the mortgage company asked, so don't worry about the score drop on this site.  To learn about how your FICO score is calculated, visit www.myfico.com.  I know it is frustrating, but stay positive and enjoy your new home.