Question

sonshinem

I disputed a debt collector’s request for $. How do I get it off of my credit report?
A debt collector’s request for $. They purchased the debt from the original credit card co. where it had been charged off. When I received the collector's letter to pay, in January 2012, I promptly disputed the debt and requested validation; that is, competent evidence that I had a contractual obligation to pay them. I let them know that account statements are not considered evidence of anything as anyone may provide a account statement and request that a bill be paid. They did not respond with the information I requested. Now, 8 months and 10 days later, I received another letter from the same debt collector, that doesn't answer my original question. How do I get the original charge off and this debt collector's info off of my credit report?

I disputed a debt collector’s request fo

help same question consolidated recovery

dispute the problem with the credit bureau that it is showing in your report since the collector is not validating your request and if the bureau nor the collector is helping your last option is to take it to an attorney and sue the collector for it's neglagence as you had previously requested the collector to verify and validate your debt with them since they had not given you anything to go by.. but still they are pursueing to collect a debt that you already sent for a validation request.