Question

ConcernedCreditHolder

I disputed a collection account, it was removed, now Afni has sent me an affidavit to fill & return
The collections account has already been removed. I'm afraid to fill out any information and send it back to Afni because I just have this feeling that it will somehow give them a loop hole to put the information back on my credit.

It was an account that is from around 2011, had been removed for about a year now and suddenly reappeared under a different collection agency (Afni). They had the incorrect start date of the collection on there (making this year the first year that it's been in collections) and so I fought it saying that I had no account starting in collections this year.

Am I legally required to fill out the affidavit that was sent to me by Afni? Since the collection information has already been removed from all credit bureaus?

I would NOT fill anything out. I suspect as you do that this is some type of trick to put you back on the hook. I would not communicate with the company at all. Look up the "statute of limitations" to be sued for this type of debt in your state and if it has expired, send them a "cease & desist letter", if it hasn't expired, then try to keep a low profile with them. If they start harassing you, contact a FDCPA attorney. (fair debt collection practices act) -read up on that.

EDIT

This dispute was filed with the Credit Bureaus not with Afni.