Question

VelinWendy

I did the Dave Ramsey thing, now what?
Working the Dave Ramsey system we cut up all credit cards and have begun paying off debt. Cars are paid for almost paid our home and I have a college loan. I have about $3000 left in debt some over two years old, a lot of it is Hospital debt. I have NO revolving credit and am now unable to get a credit card, ugg... We have recently purchased land and look to Build a Home in the Spring, we will have at least 20-30% to put down. What else can I do to up my very poor score (560)??? Help???

Lets see,  Dave Ramsey has 7 baby steps.  Where are you at with them?  

You need to follow them,  if you still have College loans then you are on Baby Step 2,  even with the 3000 left in other debt.

Does not seem you are following the steps.

Don't know about the Dave Ramsey thing but if I were you, I'd try to get one of the cards you cut up replaced by the lender.  If that doesn't work, get a secured credit card and start building up good credit.  Visit www.creditcards.org for a comprehensive list of all cards available.  Best of luck!

I am snowballing on Dave Ramsey too

Hi, I too am on the Dave Ramsey program. I have along ways to go but I am cc free now and now must pay off medical bills, which are sownballing :) incredible actually, didn't expect that!

now for your questions...my credit score went up ALOT when my partner added me to CC. I spend nothing on it; however, it gave me a large credit line. If you can do that...then try it..it went up 15-20 points!...I used Barclay CC and they were awesome..one year of free interest and at the time I had just gotten out of BK...I had a 3k credit line..

good luck and follow dave ramsey...the snowballing goes quickly....

can you use some of your 20%-30% money to go towards bills now and then build it up by snowballing....that way you pay off debt now and then your score goes up and your down payment will go down????

don't worry about your mortgage...not as big as deal to Dave R.