Question

winkinwilly33

I did not apply for a loan what can i do about this..
A lender named Prosper sent me a email that I applied for a personal loan, I was looking at the offers that was recommended by credit karma, but I did not apply for the loan, what can I do about this, and why does your credit score drop 23 points and you didn't apply for any credit and everything is paid up??????????

Check your Report

See if there was indeed a hard inquiry by Prosper. If there was, then dispute it with the CRA's 

If not, then they may just be using your interest in their product as a selling point. Either way Unless you sign a contract it is NOT a loan.  

When you go on line and look at different loans and credit cards but don't apply it's Called "Mining".   It's a good way to generate "Pre-approved" or Pre-qualified" loan or credit offers,  So what they may be reffering to is a Pre-qualified offer and not really an application for a loan. (It's the only way I apply for new credit. Only apply for Pre-approved accounts- and never be denied !!!