Question

feelbad

I cosigned for my daughter to buy a house she lost it now that is on my credit how do i remove it
it was 8 yrs ago and on my report it said that the loan was resold and paymenst are up to date. how long does this show up on my credit. and can I have it removed

Most Helpful Response

That's why co-signing is bad idea!!

When you co-sign a loan. you are guaranteeing that, should the original borrower default on a loan, you will pay it, so it's going to be on YOUR credit report, too.  It could be there for 10 years due to the legal action required when she lost the house.

NEVER coc-sign for anyone unless you can afford to take the "hit" on your credit score.