Question

Ekumba

I co-sign for someone who did not make payment and it affecting my credit what can I do

Most Helpful Response

As a co-signer, you agreed to have as much responsibility in paying on the loan as the account owner when you signed the documents. There isn't anything you can do about the missed payment, except having the account owner to make timely payments, you make the payments when the owner is unable to, or have the account owner refinance the loan to put the account just in his name.

carla0823

Another words, your screwed! I did the same thing however i had the paper signed and notarized. that is one of my questions on here! I have signatures and everything!