Question

nmccai1989

I close out overdraft protection with my bank... automatic -45 points. WTF?
Why would my score drop that much after canceling overdraft protection? It took me a ****ing year to get from 690 to 699 and only one day to drop to 654. That is retarded and I now do not give a **** about my credit score.

There is no way that had any affect on your credit score, the bureaus have no idea if you have overdraft protection or not, that is not something the banks report.  First of all, this forum is for users such as yourself, not the Credit Karma employees so there is not point cussing us out.  Second, the scores you see here are fake, they don't count for anything, they are just for education and entertainment purposes.  Only score that counts is your FICO score and you can purchase it if you want by going to www.myfico.com.  You should always care about your credit score, just not this particular credit score.  Take a deep breath and keep up the good work.

nmccai1989

There was no other change in my account besides me canceling my "variable rate loans and line of credit" AKA over draft protection at my bank. It's basically another account (credit) that I could take up to $2500 out of to cover a deficit and stop overdraft fees on my checking account.

There is nothing else that has changed besides that. Never missed a payment on student loans or car loan; 100% paid on time. Half the time I'm paying excess of the required amount. 

Since closing the credit account (overdraft protection) at my bank was the only event registered in credit karma that has deviated from the norm in the past two years, I say  that it does have a bearing on my score dropping 45 points.