Question

stinsonwood

I cancelled 2 long standing credit cards too soon. How can I fix my credit?
I took out a low interest loan to pay off high interest credit cards. I made the mistake of cancelling both of the credit cards too soon. It seems to have taken all of my credit history away. Now it looks like I have no credit history. How can I fix my mistake of cancelling too soon>

Most Helpful Response

unfortunately there is nothing you can do once they are cancelled there gone forever....even if you opened up accounts with the same company they are going to treat it as "new" so your history starts from 0....best of luck with good credit management you can be back up to excellent within a year if you pay on time hold 2-3 lines of credit and keep utilization under 10%