Question

techray2003

I can I reduce hard10 inquiries that I got Oct last year when I bought a car?
I bought a car around Oct 2012, They hit me with about 10 hard inquiries. How do I get this reduced and bring my score back up? I already called the dealer...No help

Most Helpful Response

merge inquiries

send a request to the credit bureaus, not the dealership,

explain you allowed them to pull your credit, but you didnt authorize them to give that many lenders your info. to pull your credit.

The same happened to me in august last year, got hit up with 8 hard inquiries that one day, thats how I came up upon this webpage about the same subject.

I  just sent my requst out yesterday by certified mail, I will be waiting to see if it helps, I'll let you know if it works for me, I hope it does, cause almost all of them where on equifax for me.

This letter is used to combine several inquiries into one. For example, you may have applied for a home loan with a mortgage broker who allowed many companies to pull your credit report, which would have a negative impact on your credit.

here is a sample letter you can use that i found online

it should help to merge them into one inquiry

http://www.expert-credit-advice.com/Letters/Letter8.htm