Question

organizingmycredit

I called to pay the amount shown on my credit, they would not take the amount I offered to pay
I contacted the company. I offered to pay the amount SHOWN on my credit report. They refused the amount and said they could not take the amount I offered saying there was an extra $21. for a collections fee.

NEVER call!

It is really not to your advantage to call to make arrangements to pay a bill.  Do it in writing and keep copies of the bill in question and any communications regarding the bill.  You should have just made out a check or money order with the amount shown on the bill and sent it in, as long as it would have arrived by the due date. 

Do some research on "Pay for delete agreements" before you proceed any further.