Question

bmrad41

I called bank of america they say my account is closed and have no balance. What is the +$36.00 .
I just want to know what the +$36.00 is. As they say there is no balance on my closed account. So would you please correct that. Also, I use my credit cards every month and I usually have between $400.00-$600.00 on the monthly accounts and I pay in full every month, why is my credit score only 777 and not the 785 that is was. I think I should have a higher credit as I pay in full every month.

Most Helpful Response

credit reality

First of all, This is a member forum, So complaints about whats on your CK report fall on deaf ears here.  If you need to address issues with whats on your report, contact Support at  Support@creditkarma.com

The reality is that credit card companies and credit reporting agencies see you paying off the card every month and believe that you don't really need the credit because you have the ability to pay cash when you pay off your balances every month. 

if you want to see your score rise, Don't pay off the whole balance every month. When you know that you are going to apply for a new credit line, That is the time to manipulate your score.  Pay off all but 10% of your balance each month for a few months before you apply.  Your score will go up.  If you aren't planning on a new credit line, then pay off your card and don't worry about the score so much. Scores flucutate all the time for a million different reasons.

A good credit score isn't a reflection of what you have but of how you manage it.

credit reality

Why I pay off my credit cards every month is not that I have the money, but I do not like their high interests if you do not pay in full.  There are times it would be nice not to pay in full, but as I said I hate their high interest. Thank you.