Question

silpmeman

I bought A new car march 2005. never made a payment. took it. back two months. later thy show. it as
It shows as A repo I only payed. 100.00 down thy show I played more. Not sure if that's common.? It shows closed. In November. If 2011 I never made. A payment.I'm. Asking how long will it. Show up on my credit report. I want To file a dispute. But I've heard That will start. It all over again. All so. What can You do about car lots running your credit. More. Times than you give them permission. Thks

Let me try to understand this.   You returned a car to the lot you purchased it at in May/June 2005 after not making any sort of payment?

If this is correct, the next step is to determine the Statute of Limitations in your state.  Unless this shows up as a Public Judgment on your credit report, this should not be reporting on your report almost 10 years later.   Does this show up as a Public Judgment?  

The Statute of Limitations is critical though, in most states it either matches the same 7 year threshhold that is how long a debt can be reported or it is shorter. In my home state of Colorado it is 6 years for example.

Just google "Statute of Limitations" and look at "written contracts".  There are a few states that are 8-10 years, and Kentucky is 15 years!!  If you are in one of these states (that isn't Kentucky), where it hasn't expired yet, wait until May/June when it is "time-barred" from you being sued, then dispute it.  Even though it SHOULD be off now, you don't want this account to go back onto the "radar" of the debt collector.  

If you are in Kentucky, move away!!