Question

tkkoppli

I bought a house and paid for it without a loan. how do I get this in my credit report

Most Helpful Response

You can't as you did not use any type of credit to buy it.   What you can do is wait 6 months and go to your bank and go for a equity loan for 50% of the value of your home.   You don't have to use it right away.  But you end up with a line of credit on your credit report.   I used mine foe a new deck and paid that off in a few months.  Then fixed the garage door and paid it off in a few months.   It just sits there now till next year when we plan to get a fireplace.

Let us know how I  goes.

tkkoppli

Thanks for the advice. I do want to have some things done in the yard so that will help a lot. I was going to save the money for it but your advice sounds like what I need to do. Thanks again.

If you don't have a mortgage or a personal loan put towards the home purchase there is nothing to report.....but congrats on own your home out right minus those pesky taxes