Question

msladytut

I bought a car,titled & insured =mine, borrowed $$ &.paid back 100%from BF,
I have kept records of every payment, and have written checks almost every month so I can show canceled checks if that would help.
I am trying to establish a better credit rating for myself after divorce.
Thanks for any input.

private party sells are not reported.

The Credit reporting agencies have financial contracts with all those that report to them,  thats how they make their money. 

any transaction between private parties can not be posted to your report unless the seller has a contract with them and reports it, So There is nothing you can do to get it reported ton your credit report. 

Start by verifing whats on your credit report.  Once you have it in hand go through it and be sure that after your divorce that your financial ties have been severed as well.  Look for joint accounts that you may end up responsible for and contact the creditors to have your name removed from them or his if it's an account you're going to keep.  

once that is done start taking steps to rebuild your credit.  Educate yourself on how thats done by reading up on credit forums like this and others on line.