Question

CUBuff13

I believe the account that has been sent to collections was already settled.
I relocated from Nevada to Colorado almost three years ago. During this time I made sure to settle my accounts out with my service providers from Nevada. After having a credit application rejected I get on here and find out that Cox Cable sent my account to collections over two years ago. I need to know the best course of action for disputing this as I am positive that I paid all of my remaining balances in full when I moved. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Write letters to all three bureaus and the collector and ask them to verify the account, and that you believe it is paid.  If there is any way for you to get proof you paid it, send that with the letters.  They have 30 days to respond.  You may have to do this several times before you see results.  Best of luck!