Question

Micheedom

I am Worried about identity theft or financials getting compromised
I have recently moved out of the country (Australia) and was a victim of scammers in the Philippines that got access to a copy of my drivers license, my address here in Sydney and my bank account here in sydney. In addition, my wallet was stolen, and my driver license is missing along with my student id. I am worried, someone is going to try and use my information to possible open credit? or access my accounts. I honestly do not know what they can do with the information they have. How do I protect my accounts back in the states to ensure no one here in Australia, the Philippines or back at home are messing with my identity and financials.

Thank you! :)

Most Helpful Response

Micheedom, I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. I suggest contacting one of the 3 major credit bureaus in the US and placing a fraud alert or credit freeze on your report. This should stop anyone from being able to open accounts in your name.