I am trying to resolve a debt that was charged off in Aug 2007.
I had a Capital One account that was charged off in Aug 2007. From what I have read, after 7 years this should be taken off of my credit report. How do I find out when my 30 day late payment was that caused me to fall behind and ultimately lead to my charge off? I am under the impression that the seven years is from the first time I was late, not when the account was charged off. My credit report only shows the last 24 months of activity on this account! Help!