Question

Zay123k

I am trying to get a credit card to further build my credit and keep getting declined
I have several loans that I have never been late on a payment and I have a good credit score but I keep getting declined when I apply for credit cards (2 so far) because of my lack of revolving accounts

Most Helpful Response

On time payments are great, but a lot of loans make me wonder.  Not knowing your credit score may make some of my suggestions invalid.

First... Take one of the decline letters to your local credit bureau and you can get a free credit report without using up the yearly free credit report you can get online.  Make sure everything looks right.

Second...Be careful of the offers that start showing up in the mail.  Membership fees, yearly fees and interest rates they offer can give you a heart attack!  The sharks are going to circle!

Third... Take your credit report to the bank you do business with and tell them you want a credit card and have been declined. Get them to look at your report and see if they can help you get a credit card.  They may also offer you a consolidation loan, so think about that ahead of time.