Question

Penelopia

I am trying to check my daughter's social security
I am a mother who had her wallet stolen and my daughter's social security was in there. I wanted to check on here to see if there was any fraudulent accounts made in her name, unpaid things in general. She's a minor and I should be able to check to make sure that everything's okay. She shouldn't have to wait till she's 18 to see if someone tainting her name and information. How do I check her score?

Most Helpful Response

Credit Karma is only available for adults 18 years and older, so you will not be able to check on our site. For more information about protecting your child's identity, I suggest visiting the FTC's website: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0040-child-identity-theft

The FTC suggests a manual search of the child's information through each of the three major credit bureaus and placing a fraud alert on your child's credit report. 

One, a Social Security card is needed only a few times in ones lifetime, so it should be kept locked up until such time as it is needed. Hopefully, you notified the Social Security administration of this theft.

If you want to see if any accounts may have been opened with that number, try annualcreditreport.com.  If any accounts were opened, they might show up there.