Question

glissetgm

I am paying a charge off , can I dispute it?
I am currently paying a charge off from Macys that was purchase by a collection agency. I was unaware how much damage this charge off did to my credit 2 years ago, however, now im trying to rent my own and Im worried i might not get approved because of the charge off. I did make an agreement that I would make monthly payment to the agency until paid off. I am now $224 away from charge off paid and would like to know if I can dispute this account. I've heard of people disputing accounts and beeing able to get it removed . In my case , am I able to do this? Can I dispute this account and get successfully removed?

You made the promise to make the payments, and it would show that you live up to your agreements when you finish paying this off.  Finishing what you agreed to shows integrity. Besides, you can only dispute WRONG information and, since you made the agreement to pay this account, it is not wrong information.