Posted in Banking

I am opening a checking/savings acct. How long should I keep open prior to applying for credit card?
I really want to do a balance transfer from my HSN Credit Card with 19.99% interest (can you say OUCH!) to a Chase Slate card with 0% APR on all balance transfers for 15 months. I only have $550.00 on that card with my only other debt being a new co-signed car lease at $225.00 per month. I think that this would affect my credit application being approved? How long should I wait for my checking and savings to be open prior to applying for my CHASE Slate app.?