Question

luckylivingston

I am on Social Security Insurance, ie, SSI
i have creditors demanding payment. I can barely afford my living expenses let alone pay them. What do I do?

Do you have credit cards?  If so, quit using them.  You have to live within your means and, if you cannot afford the credit card payments on top of the regular living expenses, then you don't need a credit card.  You cannot go living beyond your means.  You may have to see if there is anything you might be able to sell to satisfy the debts, so you might be able to work out a settlement to satisfy the debt.