Question

SandyBeach44

I am not obligated to pay my student loan yet the interest has accrued, can that effect my credit?

Most Helpful Response

Hi SandyBeach44, it would be helpful if you could provide more detail on your situation. Are you only currently not obliged to pay your student loan because yoe're a full time student, the loan is in deferrment/forbearance, etc? If its a situation like that, your loan will continue to accrue interest even if you don't need to pay for a period of time. The loan will not be reported as delinquent.

SandyBeach44

ok so i am on an income based repyment which is zero dollars because i dont have a high income. so my balance is higher than i was loaned, so my question is does that effect my credit?....