Question

dpmccauley

I am no longer an "Authorized User" to a card my parents use. It is affecting my score.
I did not even know I was an authorized user of a card my parents opened up while I was in college. I got them to remove me from being an authorized user about 6 months ago, yet it is still showing up on my credit report and is killing my numbers! How can I get this so it doesn't show up on m credit score?

Most Helpful Response

First ask your parents to contact the card company again to make sure you really were removed. Once it's certain you've been taken off the account, if the change still isn't showing within 30 days contact the credit bureaus (http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/CreditBureauContactInfohtm.shtml) and ask them to correct their records.