Question

adearm2

I am no longer an authorized user on my mother's card, how do I remove that from my credit report?
My mother added me as an authorized used on one of her credit cards several years ago and did not tell me. She carries a very high balance on this credit card (93%) and i am afraid that it is negatively affecting my credit score. How do I have this removed from my credit reports?

Authorized User

You need to contact the creditor and request they remove you from being an authorized user on her account. If you have done that already, contact the creditor about the mistake and dispute it with the bureaus.

adearm2

I think I may need to dispute.  Mom says that she has called the creditors (Neiman Marcus card) multiple times and that I am no longer listed as an authorized user, but my credit reports have not been updated to reflect that I have been removed.  I have never disputed before.  Is there a template or a suggested way to handle this "authorized user" situation?

Re: Authorized User

I'm not sure this will be all that helpful, but, here is my experience with a similar issue: I called capital one to remove myself as an authorized user on somone else's account. 1) They said I could not do it because I was not the primary account holder and 2) The primary account holder would have to call and have myself removed from the account. I didn't follow through with it because the card has a high credit limit and a low balance.. wasn't hurting me at all. But, if your case is the same as mine you have two options. First, have your daughter call and remove you. Or, if you dont want to ask her, you could try disputing it with each of the three credit agencies. This will most likely be an "iffier" process but should/could work. 

I have the same problem. If you figure out how to get it removed please lemme know. 

me too

I called Discover Card and a credit bureau. I got it removed from my credit report, but it is still showing up on Kredit Karma

Thanks 

Stuck

I just called discover with similar scenario and they refuse to delete it from my record because I was an authorized user up until that moment. So the creditor will not delete it, our only recourse is to try to get the credit bureau to delete it but more likely than not, they won't because it is valid at that time. Therefore, the only thing we can do is add a statement to it explaining that we are no longer signers and that the balance is incorrect (in my case, the balance is lower now than what it was but they wont update it so its adversely affecting my credit score).