Question

Chadcmb

I am interested in the Chace freedom credit card.
I have been accepted for a fred meyers credit card for the purches of a engaugement ring.
the ring is about $1200 sized all said and done.

if i take the fred meyers card, i have 0% interest for 12 months. miss a payment of pay after the 12 months. and the APR is huge 29% if i remember right.

MY question is, if i take the chace card, and buy this ring for $1200, will i get $100 cash back 2 times for the $1000, and will i get 1% back from the $1200?

also are there any differances between the 2 cards, as they both have 0% intereste for 12 months but chace is more than 12months?

what one would you pick? i plan on buying the ring by friday. Can i use my chace card by then?

You're better off with a multipurpose card like the Chase than a (I'm assuming) store card like Fred Meyer. For one, your interest rate will likely be lower with the chase, as store cards are notorious for having rediculous rates.

I'm not sure what the specific deal is that Chase is running right now, and I don't know what the post 0% term APR is, but that's how I'd go.

From what you stated above, it sounds like the deal as you've described would be double dipping. Which I doubt would happen. it's more likely you will get 1% back on the purchase of the ring, so $12 (when faced with offers like this, always err on the side of the least amount of money given back, that way you wont be surprised when you get a smaller amount). However, I believe the chase card offers money back in different amounts based on different purchas categories (like gas, groceries, etc), so this might also be a good reason to go with the chase.