Question

lrapp789

I am in so much debt and so behind in my life should I consolidate? who gets the credit on cards?
My score has went from 720 to 630 and I am in 53,684 in debt. I have no money for any Christmas presents or even for food for thanksgiving.. I need help. What is my best option?

Most Helpful Response

is the $53,684 pure credit card debt.....if so pay the minimum on each card every month so as not to ding your credit anymore and then any extra cash you have leftover pay off the highest APR first as quickly and comfortably as you can....then the 2nd highest so forth and so on this will minimize the amount you pay in interest overall and still keep your payments going.....its tough not going to lie to you it takes a lot a willpower to keep it going some people can't do it....there is another option its more costly but psychological is a plus were you accomplish small steps at a time....ie: you have mulitple cards and to feel accomplished you do reverse order and pay off the lowest to highest dollar amount credit card regardless of interest.....it is a lot more expensive but some people need that sense of accomplish to keep going tothink oh yes I have on less card to pay off even though its costing them 100's-1000's of dollars more to get out of debt.....and to hell with christmas gifts and 6 pies or a turkey for thanksgiving its about family not gifts and food....and most churches have a holiday program that help with a small turkey some sides for the food aspect but the holidays are really just to spend time with family

lrapp789

The debt is not purely credit cards, it is also vehicles, home loan and something else. We were just blessed today with a turkey and sides from a church that we are truly thankful for, we don't have any family other than what is in my house and my son is disabled he doesn't know or understand that there is no santa, we never have 6 pies or even 2 lol but anyway on the credit cards I do make the minimum payment but I got turned over to collections for a phone carrier that I had to cancel and they threw us cancellation fees of 300 which I couldn't pay. My daughter needs to get rid of her car but she can't even trade it because she can't use me as a cosigner because of my credit