Question

Sassygigi

I am in chapter 13. An acct covered has reported a late pay. How can I fix this?
One of the accounts that is being paid through chapter 13 has reported a late payment. I don't make these payments myself. They are made from the money I give to the trustee each month. I'm 3 1/2 years into the 5 year plan. Why would they be reporting late payments and how can I fix this? This is causing my credit score to drop.

Chapter 13 is hurting your credit score, because it is a bankruptcy and the original creditors are getting less than they were billing through this arrangement.  Just relax, read the articles on this site and work on doing the things that will help build your credit score, as advised.  That is what Credit Karma is all about---educating people on how to build and maintain a good credit score.

Relax

How do you relax when you being reported late and it is hurting your score each month..  I know the bankruptcy counts big but getting dinged each month with late pays sure doesn't help it get better. Note to all if you file,file 7 and walk away form all your debt do it because then you can rebuild your life in a few months not years and years later.. Once again it seems if you try to pay back your debt and do the right thing you get kicked in the teeth..