Question

reeferette1

I am in 20K of credit card debt with a fixed income.
What can i do to stop the finance charges on my credit cards to help me pay them off. I am not late on any of them right now, but with a fixed income & paying $100 per card with the finance charges eating away the payment, I am getting nowhere fast ! I dont want to file bankruptcy, so is there be a way or a company that can help me. American Express is taking my percentage from 12 down to 1% for 6 months, then up to 9.99% til I pay it off...I am looking for help to STOP the finance charges. HELP please !!!!

Most Helpful Response

by law credit cards have to include more then interest in the minimum payments so as long as you pay the minimum eventually you will be out of debt......given the limited info you gave the best thing you can do is take an extra money you have and put it towards your highest APR card to windle down some extra interest....maybe you can have a yard sale to make some extra money.....cut fat...ie: disconnect internet till you get bills under control.....where theres a will theres a way