Question

AaMania

I am having trouble finding HOW much I owe, and WHO I owe it to, Trying to build Credit From 533
I having a hard to figuring out, who I owe to and how much I owe as well. Will also like to know how to view derogatory marks and get those taken care of as well.

Most Helpful Response

Go to annualcreditreport.com to get copies of all three credit reports.  Look them over very carefully and file disputes on all WRONG information with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed items.  It is not uncommon for there to be errors on credit reports which is why we are strongly advised to make this checkup once a year.  And, just because something shows on your report doesn't mean you owe it.  When in doubt, request a validation of debt from the "creditor".  They KNOW what it has to be so, if they send anything less than a copy of the contract showing your signature, they haven't validated the debt and you don't pay unless they can.

Hope this helps.