Question

medic041

I am disabled and live off Federal Disability should I file Bankruptcy?
I am disabled and live off Federal Disability should I file Bankruptcy? and if I do how does it work even though I own nothing?

You're not providing enough information for anyone to really make an informed guess. The fact that you're disabled and living on SSDI has no bearing on whether you should file bankruptcy. Filing bankruptcy depends on how much you owe, how much you have available to pay on what you owe, and ultimately deciding that it's a hopeless situation--after trying every other imaginable strategy to work with your creditors. If you don't own anything that could be taken from you in bankruptcy, then that's not an issue--they can't take what you don't have! So if you filed, it would basically come down to having your debts wiped away, but you'd be stuck with the derogatory entry [bankruptcy] on your credit reports for 10 years.