Question

Cbendle32

I am attempting a dispute on Equifax, and do not know what the error message means, can anyone help?
The message reads, "The information you proveded does not match our records so we are unable to process your request online." What I would like to know is if my information doesn't match their records then the accounts and collections on my account aren't mine, how can I get them removed? Who can I contact about this?

Equifax just plain sucks, they are the most difficult bureau to deal with in my opinion. You will need to get through to them one way or another. They most likely requested that you send them documentation of who you are, if so, send what they want. Another thing you might consider to speed up the process is to buy one of the Equifax monthly subscriptions, that may help them get motivated to find out who you are. Once in, then dispute any accounts that are not yours. If they continue to give you trouble you should file some complaints against them BBB and such and consider speaking with an attorney that deals in consumer law.