Question

RedRyder68

I am an authorized signer on a credit card that I no longer need to be on.
I am an authorized signer on a credit card that was used for farm use. I am no longer activity working the farm and don't see any need for me to continuing to be a signer at this time.
Now two questions:
1. The card has a current balance of around 83% of the limit. Is that balance harming my credit score?
2. If I am removed as an signer will that be looked at as a positive or negative on my score?

Thanks

Most Helpful Response

83% is very high utilization and is affecting your credit in a negative way. Concerning this point, yes you should get removed and get the account removed from your credit reports. Whether this helps your or not, depends on the rest of your credit profile. Do you have other accounts that are aged? If so, removing yourself should bring benefit to you. On the other hand, if this is your only account, or if this account is a very old account and all you have is one or two brand new accounts, then the benefit of losing the high utilization may be cancelled out by losing an account and/or lower the "average age of accounts". I advise doing some reading on all of this before you decide what to do.