Question

Sivan2017

I am a victim of identity fraud. Any suggestions how to proceed?
Someone has access to my Social Security number and is opening accounts in my name and not paying the bills. What is the best way to protect myself.

First bit of advice I'll give to everyone and that is keep your social security card locked in a safe place except for the rare times you are asked to show it personally.  Now, go to annualcreditreport.com to get copies of all three credit reports which you will look over very carefully and file disputes on each WRONG item with each credit bureau showing it.  You may consider putting credit freeze on your accounts but that can be a bit of a hassle since you will be contacted about every credit transaction that is applied for, even the ones YOU are trying to get and it could be difficult to get this removed.