Question

beebear33

I am a student and have ER bills into collection - advice please?
Hi, I'm just trying to get advice on my medical bills that have been sent to collection. There was one that I couldn't pay off in time because I work to pay my bills at home & stay at school and another that I just cannot remember why it's so high. Currently, I am in my 5 year undergrad and have already ran out of federal aid to pay off tuition. My credit isn't good enough to pull a student loan from a bank & I feel like these collections are what is killing my credit score the most. It's been really hard to try building it. Any advice please? Thank you.

You didn't work out a payment plan with the creditors, so the bills were sent to a collection agency.  Figure how much you can pay a month. It's also possible they may accept a lesser amount. Start by offering payment in full of 15%, and go from there, if you can pay that. Ask them for a Pay for Delete letter. This means any amount you pay less than the full amount, will show paid in full on your credit report. 

You should also read the articles here and other sites online to educate yourself.