Question

Panyasan

I am a credit card beginner. My credit score does not change for more than a month.
I am a credit card beginner. I got three credit card a few months ago. What I usually do is trying to keep the balance below 30% of limit all the time. So, as soon as I get a notice of minimum payment( which is usually 25 dollars or so.), I make minimum payment immediately or within 15 days or so. I do not like to pay right before the due because I am afraid to miss the due. After I pay minimum amounts, I use the credit card for around the minimum payment I made.
For example, balance is $250(under 30% of limit). I pay $25(minimum payment) before the due. Then, I purchase something that cost $25. repeat.

My credit score is 680 and it does not change for about a month. ( I started using Credit Karma about a month ago)
I made payments within 1 month. Please tell me what is wrong with my way to use credit card and make payment.

Creditors report their information to the credit bureaus every 30-60 days and some will even report quarterly which is one reason you're not seeing your credit score changing right away. The other reason could be is that your balances are staying exactly the same each month given the information you've provided. Try to lower your credit card utilization even more (1%-20% utilization will give you the maximum benefit in that category which counts as 30% of your total credit score) and pay more than the minimum payment if whenever possible.

Panyasan

Thank you very much for a reply!
My score is 646 now. It got much lower. My usage has not changed yet. Pay minimum payment right after I get a notice for payment, keep utilization low( now 22%. It got lower than March), Just use 10-35% per month to keep the utilization low.
I have no idea why the score got so low. Do you have any ideas?