Question

SamGavinSun

I always pay off credit cards early and always leave a zero banlance on statements, good or bad?
I'm just starting to become a credit card user and not very familiar with some of the common senses; I'm trying to boost up my credit score, so I pay off all of my balance before each cycle closes (almost instantly once they show up on my account), hense I always leave a zero balance on my statement.

I read some of articles from online says that keep the credit utilization low is good for my credit, that is essentially why am I doing this.

Now the question is, would the early payments that I make show up on my credit report and help with the payment history part of my credit score or will it remain unseen by the credit agencies? Does the only payment shows up on the credit report only reflects each month's statement balance or should it reflect all payments happend whether it is early payment or not?

Thanks for help!!

Please do not pasy before the statement comes in because that can actually hurt your credit score.  Wait until the statement is in, then pay the balance in full.  That way, your account will show you have used a card and that you pay on time.  You want to charge no more than 10% of the available credit within the billing cycle.  If you don't charge anything for a month or so, no big deal.

The closing date is the time when the credit card companies add up all the charges made in the billing cycle (since the last closing date) amd they also subtract all payments made, then the bill is generated and mailed.  The bill also has a due date which is when the payment is expected to be received.  You just want to make sure your payment will be in their hands no later than the "due" date. You should only have a zero balance if you have not made any purchases during the billing cycle.