Question

Jilltd

Husband's credit
Hello, my husband's credit score is about 100 points lower than mine. We have a few joint credit cards. My question is, do you recommend that I take myself off these joint credit cards? I don't want his score dragging mine down.

His score does not drag you down.  If he has cards that have late payments, and you have been put onto those cards then it is too late to do anything.  If you have him on any cards that you have good payment on, then you are helping him.  

Even if there are things that you have jointly, or authorized user on, and you close those accounts the payment history will stay with you for 7 years if there are negative remarks, 10 if only good remarks.

But if those cards you have together are in good standing in no way does his credit score effect your score.  So if he missed payments on a card before you got together, and you were never put on that specific card, then his score does not effect you.