Question

Toad28

Husband passed with pers credit card debt. Probate not required and there was no estate.
I've been told I will not be responsible for payment on the credit card.

Most Helpful Response

If the cards are strictly in his name and you do not use the cards, then it seems only his insurance would be required t o pay the debts.  No insurance, no repayment.

I offer my sincere condolences on your loss.

Toad28

Thank you jwsister.  I was only listed joint on 1 open account, others authorized user.  I refused to pay those.  Balances were

adjusted off and accounts closed.

Toad28

Make sure that you are not listed as a joint account user on spouse card.  We did not have to go through probate the way our legal documenets were drawn up.  There was no estate.  Any correspondence received return with death certificate.  I even had my telephone numbers changed so I wouldn't be harrassed and the only communication was by mail, which I wrote on the letter no probate/estate.  Did not put name.  Mailed back and heard no more.