Question

mdbeebee

Huge Credit Score Drop -No Reason!
My credit score dropped from 700 to 652 in one month! Nothing has changed. No hard inquiries, no late payments, no new credit cards or loans - absolutely nothing has changed. What could cause such a dramatic drop? I've pulled my full credit report & everything is the same. I don't know who to contact about this. I emailed CK & they said they can't help. I would be so grateful if someone has a good suggestion on how to get to the bottom of this - and hopefully correct it.
Thank you!

Me too!

I check my CK weekly.  Today's update had 2 changes from last week.  1) one of my derogatory accounts reported paid in full.  2) one of my credit cards reported recent billing that has 9% utilization.  Down from 31%.  Overall credit utilization went from 46% to 37%.  Both of these events are positive activity (or so you would think) but my TU CK score dropped 96 points.  I give up on tracking the actual credit score on CK. Many articles I have read about CK suggest that it's only utility is to get an understanding of your credit.  So to say, it is only good for monitoring your activity.  Don't rely on it for the scoring functionality.  I am awaiting to see 3 other credit cards report my current payments (to reduce utilization below 10% for each of my credit cards and as a whole and for last derogatory account to be reported paid in full).  Once that happens, I think that CK will become relatively pointless for me. 

frustrated

I paid my bills timely with no missed payments.  I felt I didnt need all my credit cards so I cancelled 4.  My credit score dropped from 730 down to 640...Iam so frustrated, I worked very hard to get that score over 700!  I pulled my credit report with nothing strange on it.  I dont get it!