Question

slickron42

How will the closing of the HHGregg stores affect my credit score? I have a 4K store credit card
My credit score is over 800 and now I will loose 4K worth of available credit

Losing four grand of availabe credit and losing an account that was reporting positively will surely cause a little bit of harm to your credit, how much depends on the rest of your overall credit profile. If you have several open accounts right now then it may not hurt too much, but if this is your only account it will hurt a lot.

slickron42

Thanks for your timely responce. Here is the rest of the story, As it stands before the HHGregg store closing, I have a Credit Karma Trans Union credit score of 810 and an Eqifax score or 820. Right now, I am utilizing 12% of my overall available credit of $53600. 6685/53600=12% . I have 6 open credit card accounts that are a mixure of store , a visa, and a master card. So basically I will loose 4K of available credit. I guess it won't hurt that much.