Question

ArtieHastings

How will paying off an auto loan affect my credit?
If I pay my auto loan off early will that be a good thing for my credit, I only need my score to get about 50 points higher to get approved for a home loan and was wondering if i pay off my auto if that will be good or bad plus I know it will drop my income to debt ratio.

Paying off the loan will most likely cause DAMAGE to your credit as that is what typically happens. Paying it down can help your scores, but DO NOT pay it off. Take some time to do some reading about this and look for other ways that you can optimize your scores, but trust me, paying this off would be a mistake for you.