Question

saynomore85

How will not paying $280.00 affect my credit scores if it goes past collections
The lease company kept my security deposit and wants to charge me an additional $280.00 to replace rugs. I checked with Stanley Steamer and they said they could clean it for $200.00. The rugs were already pulled up in sections so I had no way to clean them. This was after paying two months extra rent, 300.00 for having a pet and 500.00 security.

280 or 2.80,  if you let it go to collections it will have the same affect.  A Very Bad Ding on your Credit Report if you let it go to Collections.

Collections kill your credit, so I would advise that you get this paid.